Saladmaster Food Processor
3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
11" Large Skillet with Cover
beef loin top sirloin or beef tenderloin
onions, strung, use Cone #2
mushrooms, sliced, use Cone #4
- Cut beef into 1-inch (2.5 cm) strips approximately ½-inch (1.25 cm) thick. Set aside.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, add beef. Add salt and pepper, stirring. Brown beef strips.
- Add onions and stir for approximately 3 minutes until onions begin to soften.
- Meanwhile, place sauce pan on medium heat. Add broth, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and flour and stir until well blended. Once mixture reaches a simmer, remove from heat, and pour into skillet and stir together with beef.
- Cover and simmer for approximately 1 hour, or until meat is tender.
- Five minutes before serving, stir in mushrooms, sour cream and white wine. Heat briefly and serve over egg noodles or white rice.
- Can prepare this recipe through Direction #5 up to 1 - 2 days ahead; simply add mushrooms, sour cream and wine on the day of serving.