12 appetizers, 6 servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
11" Large Skillet with Cover
flaked cooked salmon, about 1 pound (454g)
fresh lemon juice
onion, shredded, use Cone #1
salt, or to taste
freshly ground pepper
lemon wedges, optional
- In large bowl, combine salmon, egg whites, mayonnaise, lemon juice, breadcrumbs, onions, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Shape salmon mixture into 12 small cakes and arrange on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, approximately 2 - 3 minutes, add 6 salmon cakes, spacing each at least 1⁄2-inch apart. Cook 3 -4 minutes until well-browned.
- Using turner, flip cakes and cook other side 3 - 4 minutes until browned and cakes are cooked through. Repeat with remaining 6 salmon cakes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with lemon wedges or warm Bearnaise sauce, if desired.