Saladmaster Food Processor
10" Electric Oil Core Skillet
Saladmaster® Oil Core Skillet Healthy Cooking Guide
onions, strung, use Cone #2
garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
salt and pepper, to taste
carrots, waffled, use Cone #5
turnip, peeled and processed, use Cone #3
salmon fillets, skinned
fresh parsley, chopped, optional
fresh lemon wedges, optional
- Preheat electric skillet to 325°F/165°C.
- Add onions and garlic. Sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Add water, chicken seasoning, thyme, ground cloves, bay leaf, lentils, salt and pepper and cover. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce temperature to 170°F/77°C and cook an additional 25 minutes.
- Add carrots and turnips. Cover and increase temperature to 325°F/165°C. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce temperature to 170°F/77°C. Cook an additional 10-12 minutes. Carrots, turnips and lentils should be firm-crisp.
- Top lentils and vegetables with salmon fillets. Cover and cook at 325°F/165°C.
- When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce temperature to 170°F/77°C. Cook an additional 10 minutes, or until salmon flakes and appears slightly opaque.
- Serve each portion of salmon on a bed of the lentils and vegetables. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
- For a more colorful presentation, mix color varieties of lentils together.
- This recipe also works well with other finfish such as halibut, snapper and cod.