Sausage and Onion Gravy, also known as "Bangers and Gravy" is staple recipe in Australia and in the UK. Make both at the same time using the 10" Deep Skillet with Utility Rack. Never make store-bought gravy again with this simple recipe that everyone will love!
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in skillet skitter and dissipate, approximately 7 - 9 minutes, add the sausages to the skillet.
- Turn the sausages to ensure they are browned on each side and then remove them from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until golden brown, approximately 4-5 mins.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Add half of the broth and mix well into the onion and flour mixture to ensure there are no clumps. Then add in the remaining broth and mix until combined.
- Turn the heat down to low and Season with salt and pepper and let simmer.
- While the gravy is simmering, add the Utility Rack back into the skillet and place the sausage on the rack to keep warm. Cover.
- Once the gravy has thickened, remove the sausages and the rack from the skillet.
- Serve sausages over mashed potatoes and green peas and spoon gravy over the sausages and mashed potatoes.