4 - 6 servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
1 ½ Qt./1.4 L Sauce Pan with Cover
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Mince or minced meats are a big part of Australian food culture. Beef, pork, chicken and turkey are all widely used, budget friendly and very versatile. If minced meat is not available feel free to substitute ground meat.
onion, strung, use Cone #2
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
beef mince or lean ground beef
beef or vegetable stock
red potatoes, scrubbed, trimmed and medium dice
- Preheat sauce pan over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in pan skitter and dissipate, add onions and garlic. Sauté for 3 - 4 minutes until softened.
- Add beef and cook, stirring and breaking up meat into small pieces until it is lightly browned, approximately 4 - 6 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, stock, salt and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add red potatoes and stir to incorporate.
- Place cover on pan. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 - 25 minutes until potatoes are cooked through.
- Add peas to pan. Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir ingredients to combine, taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve beef mince as is, over rice or with biscuits.
- Substitute beef mince or ground beef with ground turkey or pork.
- Substitute potatoes with sweet potatoes.
- Add more vegetables, such as carrots or chopped mushrooms.