4 - 6 servings, as a side dish
Saladmaster Food Processor
3.5 Qt. Double Walled Bowl
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Shaved vegetables tossed with salty blue cheese and tart apples are a tasty first course salad. With a few turns of the Saladmaster Food Processor, this bright fresh flavored dish comes together quickly.
Granny Smith or other tart apple, sliced, use Cone #4
carrots, trimmed, scrubbed and sliced, use Cone #4
celery stalks, sliced, use Cone #4
cucumber, trimmed and sliced, use Cone #4
heads endive, trimmed and sliced, use Cone #4
red wine vinegar
extra-virgin olive oil
honey or maple syrup
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
blue cheese, crumbled
- Using the Saladmaster Food Processor, process apples, carrots, celery and cucumbers directly into a large mixing bowl.
- Process endive directly over ingredients and gently toss to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, thoroughly combine red wine vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard and honey.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss to combine. Add salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Divide salad into individual serving plates and garnish with crumbled blue cheese.
- This salad tastes best chilled.
- Add in fresh minced herbs, such as cilantro or parsley.
- Garnish salad with toasted, chopped hazelnuts.
- Serve salad topped with grilled shrimp, salmon or tuna as an entrée salad.