1 - 2 servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
1 ½ Qt./1.4 L Sauce Pan with Cover
small mixing bowl
large mixing bowl
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Shikeumchi Namul is a Korean side dish made with spinach. Traditionally the spinach is boiled in water and excess water is squeezed out of the spinach. Spinach is dressed with a fragrant dressing of ginger, garlic, sesame oil and other seasonings. Cooking the spinach in the Saladmaster 1.5 Qt. (1.4 L) Sauce Pan preserves nutrients and vitamins that would otherwise be lost during boiling, resulting in a more delicious and nutritious dish.
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
fresh ginger, shredded, use Cone #1
scallion, green and white part, minced
toasted sesame oil
toasted sesame seeds
- Place spinach in a large bowl of cool water and wash to remove any dirt. Remove spinach from water and place in a strainer and shake off excess water.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic, ginger, scallions, toasted sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds and salt. Set aside.
- Place cleaned spinach in sauce pan, pushing it down so all spinach fits in the pan. Place cover on sauce pan and turn heat to medium.
- When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, turn heat off, remove from stove and remove cover.
- Using tongs, transfer spinach from sauce pan to a clean bowl, shaking off any excess water. Spoon seasoning mixture over spinach and toss to combine.
- Serve seasoned spinach at room temperature.
- Serve with steamed rice.
- Add red chili pepper paste or a dash or two of hot sauce for a spicier dish.