A little meat can go a long way in this easy to prepare weeknight meal, packed with nutrient dense seasonal vegetables. Store bough shitake sesame vinaigrette makes a good marinade for the beef, adding layers of flavor.
Use the 12 in. Electric Oil Core Skillet cover with your 12 in. Chef's Gourmet Skillet.
- Place trimmed and cut beef in a bowl and pour vinaigrette over it. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in skillet skitter and dissipate, approximately 7 - 9 minutes, add red onions. Sauté for 3 - 4 minutes until slightly wilted.
- Add meat and sauté for 3 - 4 minutes until beef is slightly pink.
- Remove beef and onions from skillet and set aside.
- Reheat skillet over medium heat for 2 - 3 minutes. Add shitake mushrooms and sauté for 3 - 4 minutes. Mushrooms will release a lot of liquid and then start to brown.
- Add snap peas and toss to combine. Sauté for 2 - 3 minutes until bright green and still crispy.
- Add reserved beef and onions, toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide salad greens into individual plates. Top salad greens with a portion of beef and snow pea sauté. Garnish salad with minced scallions and a drizzle of additional vinaigrette.
- Look for prepared salad dressings that use good quality fats; organic oils or expeller pressed.
- Substitute dressing for a sesame-ginger style vinaigrette.
- Substitute frozen Shitake mushrooms for mixed frozen mushrooms.
- Substitute snow peas for other seasonal vegetable favorites, such as broccoli or asparagus.