Say what?! Smoking brisket on a stovetop? That’s right! With Saladmaster, there are so many things you can do in our cookware, right on your stovetop that don’t require an oven, grill or even a smoker.
This smoked brisket will have your family and guests in awe when you tell them it was done on your stovetop in just under 4 hours, not 12-16 hours like in a traditional outdoor smoker.
- Soak wood chips in water for 30 mins and then drain.
- Add the wood chips to the skillet and place the utility rack in the skillet ensuring that it is not resting on the wood chips.
- Using a knife, poke holes into the brisket and add pieces of garlic into the holes for added flavor.
- Season with salt and pepper, or your preferred seasoning on both sides.
- Place brisket on the rack and cover.
- Turn heat to medium-high and once the Vapo-Valve starts clicking steadily, turn heat down to medium-low.
- Be mindful when uncovering, the smoke will escape like with a traditional smoker.
- Cook until the brisket is cooked through, approximately 3-4 hours depending on your stove setting.