12" Chef's Gourmet Skillet
12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
medium mixing bowl
A main-dish vegetarian meal with only 118 calories and 4 grams of saturated fat - and it's delicious. Fresh tasting, spaghetti squash is a flavorful and healthy substitute for pasta. Enjoy this "good" carb!
spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise, cored and seeded
onion, julienned, use Cone #2
garlic, finely chopped
feta cheese, crumbled
black olives, chopped
fresh basil, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat electric skillet to 350°F/176°C. Rinse spaghetti squash, do not dry. Place skin-side down into electric skillet, cover and cook for approximately 55 minutes or until a fork can be easily inserted into the squash. Remove and set aside until cool enough to easily handle.
- Preheat skillet on medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on the pan skitter and dissipate place onions and garlic in pan and sauté until onion is tender, approximately 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are warm. Remove from heat.
- With a fork or large spoon scoop out the stringy pulp from the squash and place in medium bowl. Discard the skin.
- Toss the sautéed vegetables, feta cheese, olives and basil with the squash. Serve warm.
- May substitute parmesan, Romano or pecorino cheese for feta.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Serve as a main dish or a side-dish.