3 Qt. Ultimate Culinaire with Cover (Limited Edition)
Saladmaster Food Processor
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Fabada Asturiana is a rich stew from the Asturias region of Northern Spain. Fava beans are typically used in this dish but if you can’t find them butter beans or white cannellini beans is a good substitute. All different types of meat are used in this dish, sausage, ham hocks and leftover bits of meat are often included. This is a rich stew perfect to pair with a green salad and crusty bread.
onion, medium, strung, use Cone #2
garlic cloves, shredded, use Cone #1
smoked pork chorizo sausage, cut into rounds.
smoked ham, diced
chicken or vegetable stock, low sodium
fava beans, cannellini beans or butter beans, cooked, rinsed
fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat Ultimate Culinaire over medium heat until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates, about 7-9 minutes.
- Brown chorizo for 2-3 minutes until browned on each side, remove chorizo from pan and drain any accumulated fat and discard.
- Sauté onions and garlic for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add sausage, ham, stock, smoked paprika, saffron, beans and ground pepper, stir gently to combine. Cover pan and when Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, turn heat to low and cook for 30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve as is or with a large green salad or steamed green vegetables.
- Substitute pork chorizo for chicken chorizo.