12 servings, approximately 1 cup (240 mL) each
5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
Cooking instructor, VegNews TV chef, and nutrition instructor for T. Colin Campbell Foundation's eCornell program in Plant Based Nutrition
Any occasion feels special when you bring out the spiced apple cider. Whether you're serving this at a party or as an afternoon treat for the kids, this will bring a warm smile to everyone's face.
apple juice, unsweetened
lemon, zest, use Cone #1
- Set electric roaster to 350°F/177°C and allow to warm.
- Place cinnamon sticks, peppercorns and cloves in the bottom of electric roaster and cook for about 3 - 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant.
- Add apple juice and cover.
- When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, adjust temperature to 180°F/82°C and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir in the lemon zest.
- Serve hot cider from electric roaster with a ladle.