Saladmaster Food Processor
3.5 Qt. Double Walled Bowl
Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
This is a "healthy in a hurry" recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
large strawberries, sliced, use Cone #4
mandarin, clementine, or grapefruit sections
unsalted Brazil nuts, shredded, use Cone #1
fat-free raspberry vinaigrette
- In a large bowl, add spinach, strawberries, oranges or grapefruit sections, sunflower seeds and Brazil nuts. Toss to combine.
- Pour dressing over top of salad and toss to combine. Serve.
- When using the Saladmaster® machine, strawberries slice best when frozen for approximately 10 minutes.
- Strawberries may be substituted for grapes or a different type of berry, such as raspberries or blueberries.
- Brazil nuts in this recipe provide crunch and selenium, a potent cancer-fighting antioxidant. Just one Brazil nut per day supplies your daily requirement of selenium.