Saladmaster Food Processor
7 Qt./6.6 L Roaster with Cover
leek, white part only, strung, use Cone #2
medium sweet Spanish onion, strung, use Cone #2
ribs celery, strung, use Cone #2
medium potatoes, processed, use Cone #3
bay leaf, halved
smoked turkey in chunks, or 1 ham bone
minced fresh parsley
dash of freshly ground pepper
dash of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In roaster, over medium heat, combine split peas and water. Cover and cook until Vapo-Valve™ clicks. Reduce heat to low and cook 45 minutes.
- Stir in bay leaf, leeks, onions, celery, potatoes, and smoked turkey. Increase heat to medium. Cover and cook until Vapo-Valve™ clicks. Stir, reduce heat to low and cook 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and smoked turkey, reserving turkey. Stir in parsley, salt and pepper.
- In blender, process soup until smooth. Return to roaster to keep warm.
- Stir in reserved turkey. Flavor with lemon juice before serving.