Fresh pineapple, when ripe, is a sweet and cooling treat. Stir frying pineapple caramelizes its natural sugars and heightens its delicious flavors. This crowd pleaser dessert can be made in advance, or stir fry and serve it warm over cold ice cream or non-dairy frozen dessert.
- Preheat wok over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on wok skitter and dissipate, add pineapple and stir fry for 6 - 8 minutes, turning occasionally until brown and caramelized on all sides. Cooking time will vary depending on how ripe the pineapple is.
- In a small bowl combine honey, lime juice, lime zest and rum.
- Pour honey-lime mixture over pineapple and toss to combine. Cook for an additional 1 - 2 minutes.
- To serve, divide glazed pineapple evenly between six glasses, top with a scoop of ice cream and garnish with toasted coconut and fresh lime slices.
- Substitute ice cream for yoghurt or serve on top of sliced pound cake.
- Scoop ice cream in advance and place ice cream scoops on a pan in the freezer until ready to serve.