Saladmaster Food Processor
3.5 Qt. Double Walled Bowl
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Sun ripened sweet strawberries are light and refreshing in a salsa. Fruit salsas are the perfect accompaniment to lighter warm weather eating.
(1 pint) strawberries, washed, hulled and waffled, use Cone #5
cucumber, strung, use Cone #2
red onions, strung, use Cone #2
fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
extra-virgin olive oil
ripe avocado, peeled and pit removed, medium dice
- Using the food processor, raise the food guide flap and place strawberries into hopper. Use the guide flap to process strawberries directly into the bowl.
- Process cucumbers and red onions directly into the bowl, over the strawberries.
- Add cumin, salt, cilantro, lime juice and olive oil. Mix gently to combine.
- Add avocado and fold into other ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Placing whole strawberries in the freezer for approximately 5 - 10 minutes will make them easier to process.
- Serve salsa with toasted corn tortilla chips for a refreshing appetizer.
- Serve salsa as a topping with grilled fish, shrimp, crab cakes or pan seared salmon.
- Serve salsa with pan seared or grilled marinated tempeh.
- Substitute cilantro for fresh basil leaves.
- Serve salsa chilled.