5 - 8 peppers, 1 pepper per serving
Saladmaster Food Processor
11" Large Skillet with Cover
3.5 Qt. Double Walled Bowl
Cooking instructor, VegNews TV chef, and nutrition instructor for T. Colin Campbell Foundation's eCornell program in Plant Based Nutrition
These stuffed bell peppers can make a complete meal or be paired with pasta and marinara sauce. They are an excellent source of vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants. This dish is also cholesterol free and low fat!
cooked brown rice
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
fresh parsley, chopped
1⁄4 - 1⁄2
(1.25 - 2.5
ground black pepper
chopped onion, shredded, use Cone #1
3 - 4
Roma tomatoes (1 tomato for every 2 peppers)
cooked beans or vegan ground meat substitute (optional)
5 - 8
medium bell peppers (green, red or orange)
- In double walled bowl, combine all ingredients except tomatoes, water, beans (if using) and bell peppers. Stir until well mixed and set aside.
- Cut the stems out of the peppers and gently scoop out seeds and membrane.
- Spoon mixture into peppers, dividing evenly among them and pack the stuffing tight.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place each half in the top of one stuffed bell pepper, like a "cork".
- Pour water in skillet and place stuffed peppers upright in the pan.
- Cover and cook over medium heat. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, turn heat to low and cook for 20 minutes until peppers reach desired tenderness.