Food Blogger FoxyVeggies.wordpress.com
Spice up your next cookout with this easy and delicious recipe! Grill indoor or outdoors, and serve these peppers as an appetizer, or pair this with your favorite salad.
regular maple bacon, sliced in half
- With a jalapeño in one hand and the kitchen shears in the other, begin making small cuts around the top until you can pull the stem off. Proceed with making deeper cuts inside the jalapeño, removing the seeds. Once removed, then rinse the inside of the jalapeño with water.
- Cut block cheese about ¼ inch going the short way, then flip the cheese on its side and cut it in half. Take one of those pieces and stuff it inside the jalapeño.
- Take half slice of bacon and cover the top of the jalapeno so the cheese does not seep out. Take other half slice of bacon and wrap it around the jalapeño lengthwise.
- To secure the bacon to the jalapeño, take two toothpicks and pierce through the middle and to the other side.
- Repeat steps 1 – 4 for the other 4 jalapeños.
- Pour 4 cups of water to the bottom of the Smokeless Broiler. Insert cord and plug into electrical outlet to pre-heat for approximately 2 minutes.
- Layer jalapeños across the broiler rack. Be sure to keep peppers towards the middle of the broiler, where the heat is most concentrated.
- Cook peppers for 10 minutes on one side, then flip to cook other side for 10 minutes. Plate and enjoy!