3 Qt. Ultimate Culinaire with Cover (Limited Edition)
medium mixing bowl
large mixing bowl
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Fresh, seasonal fruits are a natural sweet addition to desserts. Ripe sweet peaches add flavor and moisture to this delicious cake, cutting down on added sweetener.
peach apple sauce, no sugar added (organic preferred)
organic pastry flour or unbleached white flour
peaches, scrubbed and chopped into medium dice
lemon juice, fresh
coconut oil cooking spray or other vegetable oil cooking spray
- Combine peach apple sauce, coconut sugar and eggs in a bowl. Whisk to combine, add almond milk and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Make a well in the middle of flour mixture and pour whisked egg combination into the well. Gently fold flour mixture into egg mixture until it is combined, (don’t worry if there are small clumps of flour.
- Spray inside of Ultimate Culinaire with coconut oil spray.
- Pour 1⁄3 of cake batter into pan. Put ½ of chopped peaches on top of cake batter. Pour 1⁄3 of cake batter on top and top with remaining cake batter.
- Cover pan and turn heat to medium. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click, turn heat to low and cook for 30- 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle of cake comes out clean.
- Turn off heat and let cake cool in pan.
- Gently loosen cake from pan, place clean plate over top of Ultimate Culinaire and carefully invert cake onto plate.
- Serve cake as is or garnish with a dusting of powdered sugar, fresh berries, edible flowers, whipped cream or mint.