3 cups; 6 servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
3.5 Qt. Double Walled Bowl
small mixing bowl
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Zucchini squash, with its mild flavor, blends well with other salsa ingredients and seasonings. Zucchini is low in calories, a good source of vitamin A, vitamin C and calcium. Raw zucchini is also a good source of fiber and an easy way to add an extra serving of vegetables to your meal.
zucchini, julienned, use Cone #2 (approximately 2 cups/370 g)
cucumber, julienned, use Cone #2
red onions, strung, use Cone #2
tomato, small dice with juices
fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
extra virgin olive oil
jalapeño pepper, minced, or crushed red pepper (optional)
- Process zucchini, cucumber and red onion directly into a mixing bowl.
- Add diced tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, salt and cilantro. Thoroughly mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice and olive oil and pour over mixture.
- Toss zucchini with dressing. Taste and add any extra seasonings as desired.
- Serve zucchini salsa on top of fried chicken, steamed or pan seared fish, or your favorite vegetable or bean based burger.
- Use salsa as a dip for corn or other whole grain chips.