Zucchini squash, with its mild flavor, blends well with other salsa ingredients and seasonings. Zucchini is low in calories, a good source of vitamin A, vitamin C and calcium. Raw zucchini is also a good source of fiber and an easy way to add an extra serving of vegetables to your meal.
- Process zucchini, cucumber and red onion directly into a mixing bowl.
- Add diced tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, salt and cilantro. Thoroughly mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice and olive oil and pour over mixture.
- Toss zucchini with dressing. Taste and add any extra seasonings as desired.
- Serve zucchini salsa on top of fried chicken, steamed or pan seared fish, or your favorite vegetable or bean based burger.
- Use salsa as a dip for corn or other whole grain chips.