Tempeh is a form of soy that is fermented, which makes it nutritionally superior to tofu as it is a whole food. It contains high levels of well-absorbed protein and iron, and can be used in an array of cooked recipes from stews, to stir-frys or chopped up on salad!
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together tempeh marinade ingredients. Pour into sauce pan.
- Cut tempeh in half widthwise and add to marinade. Cover and cook over medium heat. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click, lower heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes. Drain and pat tempeh dry, reserving marinade.
- When tempeh reaches room temperature, cut into 24 cubes.
- Place cover on sauce pan and bring reserved tempeh marinade back to medium heat. Whisk in dissolved arrowroot, stirring constantly until sauce becomes clear. Use marinade for kebobs.
- Place vegetables and tempeh on skewer in order of your choice and place on a cookie sheet (12 ½ x 15 ½). Brush each kebob with marinade.
- Bake kebobs in oven preheated to 350°F/177°C for 20 - 30 minutes. Brush kebobs occasionally with marinade as they cook, and turn over once midway.
- Place skewers in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes before adding tempeh and vegetables to reduce charring.