Wondering what to do with those few leftover ears of corn from your last gathering? These savory sweet corn pancakes mix up and cook quickly without any added fat. Top them with diced tomato seasoned with fresh basil, salsa or a dash of your favorite hot sauce.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, pour a few tablespoons of pancake mixture into skillet for each pancake; do not overcrowd.
- Cook pancakes for about 2 minutes, or until bubbles begin to form on the edges, and they can easily be flipped over with metal turner. Cook pancakes for 2 more minutes on other side until golden brown.
- Continue cooking remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes warm, or at room temperature, as they are or topped with chopped seasoned tomato, salsa or hot sauce.
- Substitute gluten-free flour mix for unbleached organic flour.
- Pancakes freeze well and reheat easily.
- As a main dish, serve with a salad and black beans.