Saladmaster Food Processor
3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
sweet potatoes, peeled, processed, use Cone #3
celery, strung, use Cone #2
apples, cored and peeled, julienned, use Cone #2
skim milk, or 2% milk
vegetable stock, low-fat, low-sodium
sherry, or Madeira wine (optional)
fresh parsley, minced
- In sauce pan over medium heat, combine sweet potatoes, celery, apples, shallots, milk, stock, sherry and allspice. Stir to blend and cover. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and cook 20 - 25 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
- With slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to electric food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Return mixture to sauce pan with liquids. If necessary, thin with additional stock or milk. (For special occasions, when a richer soup is desired, add 1⁄2 cup light cream).
- Serve hot with a sprinkling of parsley and chopped apple pieces, if desired.
- Milk can be substituted with rice or almond milk for a vegan version of this bisque.