Sweet potatoes, eaten in moderation are a good substitute for white potato, higher in fiber and lower on the glycemic index. Include dark leafy greens into your breakfast for added nutrition; they are low in calories and carbohydrates. Enjoy this breakfast skillet for a quick weeknight meal too.
- Preheat Gourmet Skillet over medium heat for 7-9 minutes until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Process sweet potato and onion into skillet and sauté for 5-6 minutes until onion is softened.
- Add spinach, granulated garlic and salt to gourmet skillet and toss to combine.
- Make a well in center of pan by pushing back of spoon into center.
- Crack egg into well in gourmet skillet
- Cover with lid and when Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily turn heat to low and cook for 2-3 minutes until egg is done.
- Garnish egg with minced scallion
- Top egg with a variety of chopped herbs; parsley, basil or chives.
- Serve with hot sauce or chopped tomato
- Substitute baby spinach for other chopped fresh greens; kale, swiss chard.