12" Chef's Gourmet Skillet
Hash is hands down a staple recipe in any brunch! We provide an alternative, healthier version by using sweet potatoes and the spice and bountiful flavor of the chorizo! This is sure to become a favorite!
4 - 6
medium sweet potatoes, cubed
onion, use Cone #2
bell peppers, red, yellow and green, diced
jalapeño, diced (optional)
queso fresco, crumbled
green onion, diced
- Preheat skillet over medium-high heat until several drops of water sprinkled in pan skitter and dissipate, approximately 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, cover and cook until tender. Approximately 7-10 minutes, remove from skillet once cooked through.
- Add onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, jalapeños and zucchini. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chorizo and stir to combine with the sauteed vegetables. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach and cover for 3 minutes until spinach has wilted.
- Add cooked sweet potatoes back into the skillet and combine.
- Crack 4-6 eggs over the sweet potatoes. Do not mix. Cover and cook for approximately 5 minutes until egg whites have set.
- Season with salt & pepper (optional) and top with green onions, queso fresco and avocado slices.
- Chorizo can be omitted to make this a vegetarian meal.
- Chorizo can be substituted with any other of sausage or breakfast meat.