6 servings, 2 ½ cups per serving
Saladmaster Food Processor
3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of fiber, beta-carotene and high in Vitamin A. Serve this delicious mash as a side dish that your entire family will enjoy.
pear, scrubbed and julienned, use Cone #2
sweet potatoes or garnet yams, peeled and julienned, use Cone #2
unrefined salt, sea salt or Himalayan salt
ground cinnamon (optional)
organic coconut oil or grass fed butter
- Process pear directly into sauce pan.
- Process sweet potatoes directly over pears in sauce pan.
- Add salt, cinnamon and coconut oil, if desired.
- Cover and turn heat to medium. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 - 20 minutes until ingredients are soft.
- Remove cover and mash ingredients together using a hand potato masher. Alternately, use an electric food processor to puree ingredients into a smooth puree.
- Unrefined salt that is minimally processed is an important source of beneficial minerals for your baby’s diet.
- Incorporate a small amount of puree into your pancake or muffin mix for added nutrition and natural sweetness.
- Adding in a small amount of good quality fat helps with uptake of beta-carotene from the sweet potato.