This simple to prepare sauce is everything you are looking for, sweet, tangy, fruity and a bit sour without any artificial colors and flavors. Serve sweet and sour sauce with eggrolls, pan-fried dumplings or toss with steamed broccoli, pan fried chicken pieces or tofu.
- Put orange juice, orange zests, ginger, ketchup, tamari, rice vinegar and coconut sugar in Ultimate Culinaire, whisk all of the ingredients together to combine.
- Place lid on Ultimate Culinaire and turn heat to medium. When Vapo-Valve™ begin to click steadily, remove lid.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and water, whisk together to combine. Slowly pour cornstarch and water mixture into orange juice mixture and whisk.
- Turn heat to low and cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Taste sauce and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Store sauce in covered container in refrigerator and serve at room temperature.
- Substitute orange juice for canned pineapple juice.
- Substitute coconut sugar for maple syrup or brown sugar.