Bottled marinades and sauces are a quick way to add flavor to a meal when you are stretched for time. Avoid seasonings and sauces that have artificial ingredients, MSG, chemical flavorings and those that are high in added sugars and fat.
Use the 12 in. Electric Oil Core Skillet cover with your 12 in. Chef's Gourmet Skillet.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken with 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and fresh ground pepper on both sides.
- When several drops of water sprinkled in skillet skitter and dissipate, approximately 5 minutes, add seasoned chicken and cook for 5 - 8 minutes on each side until browned. Remove chicken from skillet and place on clean dish.
- Add rice to skillet and stir to combine. Add drained pineapple pieces and stir.
- Add teriyaki sauce, pineapple juice and water. Stir to combine.
- Add browned chicken pieces back to skillet and place on top of rice.
- Place 12 in. Electric Oil Core Skillet cover on skillet. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and scatter frozen stir-fry vegetables on top. Replace cover and cook for 5 minutes longer. Turn off heat and let rest for 10 minutes before removing cover.
- Remove cover, stir ingredients to combine, and top with toasted sesame seeds and minced scallions.
- Substitute basmati rice for quinoa or jasmine rice; or omit and just add more vegetables.
- Substitute chicken for pork, beef or tempeh.