4 - 6 servings as main dish; 12 servings as side dish
Saladmaster Food Processor
12" Chef's Gourmet Skillet
Chef Sergio Corbia
This delightful vegan recipe provides a wealth of nutrients, including calcium, copper, selenium, fiber and protein.
Watch the recipe video to recreate this meal at home!
eggplant, cut off stem, cut into cubes
red bell pepper, cored and seeded, then julienned
shallot, sliced, use Cone #4
green onions, slices
firm tofu, approximately 10.5 ounces, cut in 1-inch squares
approximately 3⁄4 cup coconut cream
salt and pepper to taste
fresh mint, chopped
fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on the skillet skitter and dissipate, add eggplant and bell peppers. Cover with 12" Electric Skillet cover and cook until vegetables are softened, approximately 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, garlic, shallots, onions and tofu. Stir to blend and cook 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add coconut cream and broth. Cover and simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mint and basil to serve.
- Serve with rice to create a hearty main dish.
- Serve in bowls as a side dish or a first course.