11 Servings, 2 cups each
9 Qt./8.5 L Braiser Pan with Cover
small mixing bowl
Spinach, onions and tomatoes are low in saturated fat and low in cholesterol and good cancer fighters. This is a delicious and easy main dish that will have everyone asking for more!
chopped spinach, frozen
onions, chopped use Cone #3
tomatoes, diced with juice
mushroom or cheese tortellini
Parmesan cheese, shredded, use Cone #1
fresh basil, chopped, optional
- Set spinach out and thaw. If you need to defrost quickly, submerge package in warm water.
- Preheat braiser pan on medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on the pan skitter and dissipate, approximately 4 minutes, place in onion and garlic in pan and stir-fry until onion is tender, approximately 1 minute. Add broth and bring to boil.
- Drain spinach well, squeezing out excess water. Add to the pan. Add tomatoes and juice and sugar. stir to mix well.
- Add tortellini and bring back to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until tortellini is cooked, approximately 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and eggs. Stir vigorously.
- When soup is cooked, slowly drizzle the egg mixture into pan, stirring constantly. Stir and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and spoon into bowls. Serve immediately.
- Serve with a green salad and crusty bread for a colorful, healthy meal.