Saladmaster Food Processor
5 Qt./4.7 L Gourmet Wok with Cover
Authorized Saladmaster® Dealer
large yellow onion, strung, use Cone #2
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
roma tomatoes, cored and quartered
carrot, processed, use Cone #3
zucchini, processed, use Cone #3
garlic cloves, shredded, used Cone #1
dried chipotle pepper, stemmed and seeded
yellow corn tortillas, sliced into thin strips
cilantro leaves, for garnish
limes, cut in wedges, for garnish
- Preheat wok over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, add onion and black pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent; approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, carrot, zucchini and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour in broth and add chipotle pepper.
- Allow contents to reach just below a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in tortillas and cook 10 minutes, until they soften. Remove and discard the chipotle pepper.
- Serve hot, garnished with cilantro and lime.