Gelatin desserts are so easy to make and a fun and refreshing dessert on warm days. Start with fresh fruit juices with the addition of unflavored gelatin. Look for organic juices without added sugar or sweeteners. Make your gelatin dessert even healthier by using a Pasture raised, Grass-fed Beef gelatin. Gelatin is an important source of amino acids, protein and calcium.
- Place 1 cup of mango juice blend in bowl and sprinkle gelatin over the top. Let gelatin sit for 2-3 minutes. This process is sometimes referred to as “blooming”, that allows the gelatin to soften.
- Place 3 cups of mango juice blend and maple syrup in 1-1⁄2 quart saucepan over medium heat until just about simmering and turn off heat. Add gelatin mixture to juice and whisk until the gelatin is thoroughly dissolved.
- Pour gelatin, juice mixture into a bowl, add yogurt and stir well.
- Place bowl in refrigerator and let chill until mixture has a soft gel consistency; this will take 60 minutes or longer depending on your refrigerator Place mixture in freezer to speed up this process. Do not let gelatin gel too long.
- Line bottom of Ultimate Culinaire with strawberries and raspberries in a pretty design.
- Spoon 1⁄3 of soft gelled mixture over berries and gently press down so berries are covered.
- Mix remainder of berries into remaining 2⁄3 of gelatin mixture and spoon on top. Press gently with back of spoon so all of berries are covered with gelatin.
- Place lid on Ultimate Culinaire and refrigerate for 4 hours until firm and set
- When you are ready to unmold the gelatin, set Ultimate Culinaire into a bowl of warm water so water reaches about ½ way up outside of the Ultimate Culinaire. Remove and give pan a gently shake to loosen gelatin. Place dish over top of Ultimate Culinaire and flip over. Gently lift Ultimate Culinaire and remove.
- Garnish mold with extra berries and fresh mint if desired.
- Keep mold refrigerated until ready to serve. Slice into individual portion sizes.
- Substitute mango juice blend for your favorite juice
- Omit yogurt or substitute for a dairy free coconut milk based yogurt
- Serve as is or with a dollop of whipped cream or a spoon of vanilla yogurt.