Mini meatballs are an easy to handle finger food for older babies. Incorporate sweet apples, sweet potato and simple seasonings to ground turkey for a complete meal. Make a lot of these yummy bites; they are something the whole family will enjoy.
Use the 10 Qt. Roaster cover with your 6 Qt. Culinary Basket. And make sure you have attached the Versa Loc™ handles to the basket and sauce pan before cooking to ensure easy and safe handling.
- Place 4 cups water in roaster. Set aside on stovetop.
- Process apples, sweet potatoes and onions directly into a large mixing bowl. Add ground turkey, garlic powder, basil, parsley and salt. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Roll approximately 2 tablespoons ground turkey mixture into individual mini meatballs.
- Add prepared meatballs to culinary basket in a single layer. Attach handles to culinary basket and place into roaster and cover.
- Turn temperature to medium. When the Vapo-Valve™ clicks steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Remove cover and carefully remove culinary basket from roaster, placing basket on top of a plate.
- Remove meatballs from basket and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Substitute lean ground turkey for ground chicken.
- Substitute sweet potato for carrots.
- Chill mini meatballs and freeze in portion size containers or bags for an easy meal.