5 Qt./4.7 L Gourmet Wok with Cover
small mixing bowl
An absolute winner! A unique combination of flavors give this dish just enough "kick" to make it wonderfully interesting and delicious. Particularly convenient, this recipe can be put together the night before, making cooking the entire meal at dinnertime as quick as 15 minutes.
dried apricots, diced
turkey breast, skinned, cut into 1-inch pieces
red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
onion, sliced, use Cone #4
snow pea pods
- In small bowl combine nectar, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch and cayenne pepper, stir together. Add apricots and stir to blend.
- Preheat wok on medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on the pan skitter and dissipate, place red bell pepper and onion in wok and stir-fry until heated-crisp, approximately 2 minutes. Remove vegetables from wok and set aside.
- Place turkey in wok and stir-fry until turkey is cooked through, approximately 6 - 7 minutes. Turkey should not be pink inside. Push turkey up the sides of the wok, away from the center.
- Stir sauce in bowl and add to the center of the wok. Cook and stir in turkey until sauce is thickened.
- Return cooked vegetables to wok. Add pea pods and stir until heated.
- Serve with couscous.
- May substitute peach nectar for apricot nectar.
- May substitute rice or quinoa for couscous.
- Foods can be prepared the night before and placed in covered containers in the refrigerator. Container 1 - cut turkey; Container 2 - cut bell pepper and onion; Container 3 - nectar, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, red pepper and apricots.