1 Qt./.9 L Sauce Pan with Cover
3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
medium mixing bowl
long scallion tops
fresh asparagus spears, approximately 1 pound, trimmed
nonfat cream cheese, softened
prepared horseradish sauce
smoked turkey breasts, 1⁄8-inch thick, approximately 1 pound
- Fill 3-quart sauce pan with 2⁄3 water. Over medium-high heat, bring water to rolling simmer. Place scallions tops in water and blanch until pliable, approximately 1 minute. Drain, return to saucepan, cover with ice water and set aside.
- Preheat 1-quart sauce pan over medium heat. Rinse asparagus spears, do not dry. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, place asparagus in pan and cover. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and cook 5 - 6 minutes until asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove asparagus from pan and place on towel or paper towel to cool.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add garlic, horseradish and scallions. Blend well.
- Drain scallion tops.
- Cut turkey slices in half lengthwise. Spread each half with about 1 tablespoon (15 g) cheese mixture. Place 1 asparagus spear at one end and tightly roll. Tie this bundle with 1 scallion top, trim ends as necessary.
- Arrange on serving platter, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours until chilled thoroughly.