30 appetizer size meatballs, 3 per serving
Saladmaster Food Processor
1 Qt./.9 L Sauce Pan with Cover
2.5 Qt. (1.49L) Culinary Basket
12" Chef's Gourmet Skillet
large mixing bowl
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
A combination of dark and light ground turkey with the addition of a few bold seasonings helps the flavors to pop. Serve these appetizer size meatballs with a fresh cilantro coconut milk sauce.
ground turkey, mixture of light and dark meat
scallions, white and green portion, chopped
red pepper, minced
fresh ginger, shredded, use Cone #1
Creamy Cilantro Sauce
leeks, rinsed and chopped, white part only
- In a large bowl place all meatball ingredients and mix thoroughly to combine. Place mixture in the refrigerator to chill.
- When turkey mixture is chilled, roll in to small appetizer size meatballs and place on plate until ready to cook.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, approximately 5 - 7 minutes, place meatballs in skillet being careful not to crows the pan. Cover leaving the lid slightly ajar.
- Cook meatballs for about 2 minutes on each side until browned and fully cooked, approximately 6 - 8 minutes total cooking time.
- Keep meatballs warm until ready to use.
- Place leeks in culinary basket and thoroughly rinse again in cold water several times to make sure all dirt is removed; drain.
- Place leeks in sauce pan, cover and turn heat to medium. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and cook for 8 minutes, until leeks are soft and tender.
- Add coconut milk and salt to pan. Re-cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Place cilantro leaves in blender. Pour leeks and coconut milk over cilantro and blend until creamy but there are still flecks of cilantro. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- To serve place a few tablespoons of sauce on plate and top with 3 meatballs, garnish with sprig of fresh cilantro and a wedge of fresh lime, if desired.
- If serving as an appetizer for a group, place meatballs on a platter with appetizer picks. Accompany with a bowl of creamy cilantro sauce for dipping.
- To use as an entrée, toss 1 ½ ounces (425 g) of cooked Pad Thai noodles with creamy cilantro sauce and top with meatballs. Serve with cucumber salad or other light green salad for a complete meal.
- Substitute ground beef for ground turkey or a combination of ground turkey and ground pork.
Sauce, 1/10 of total