So you've finished that amazing holiday dinner and you need to decide what to do with all of those leftovers, but you're tired of the same thing you make year after year. Here's a great idea for finishing up that turkey and leftover sweet potatoes/yams! Watch Ivy prepare this great holiday leftover tip!
Turkey Pot Pie
- Combine whole wheat flour, white flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend butter into the dry ingredients. Add mashed sweet potatoes.
- When mixture thickens into larger granules, add milk. Stir until the mixture is consistency of dough.
- Remove dough from the mixing bowl. On parchment paper, roll dough into a cylinder that is roughly 3 inches (7.63 cm) in diameter.
- OPTIONAL: Chill dough in refrigerator in order to slice more easily.
- Using a sharp knife, slice dough into ½-inch thick biscuits.
Turkey Pot Pie
- Using the Saladmaster® Machine and Cone #3, process approximately 12 ounces of turkey breast into skillet. For best results, use previously un-sliced breast meat. If the leftover turkey is already sliced, it may not shred well with the machine and a regular kitchen knife should be used.
- Add bag of frozen mixed vegetables.
- Add reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup and reduced sodium cream of chicken soup. Mix well to combine.
- Place uncooked sweet potato biscuits on top of the mixture, cover and place on medium heat.
- When Vapo-Valve™ clicks steadily, turn temperature to low and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- OPTIONAL: After cooking is finished, place skillet in the oven uncovered, with the oven set to 375°F/190°C; this will allow the biscuits to brown. Leave in oven for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Once done cooking, serve and enjoy immediately.
- Note that if you are pressed for time or simply do not have leftover sweet potatoes, using frozen pre-made biscuits or making your favorite biscuit recipe can be a perfect substitute for the sweet potato biscuits.