Lean ground turkey can be dry and flavorless, but adding plenty of vegetables and a few other flavoring ingredients into the mix makes a delicious and moist burger that is low in calories and fat. Top this burger with a sweet and savory fresh cherry salsa for a delicious new twist.
- Place all burger ingredients in large bowl and thoroughly combine (can use clean hands to mix). Place mixture, covered, in refrigerator to chill until ready to cook.
- Place all salsa ingredients in medium bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Form turkey mixture into 4 even-sized patties (they will be soft).
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, approximately 5 - 7 minutes, place burgers gently into skillet. Place 12" Electric Skillet Cover on skillet slightly ajar and cook burgers approximately 4 - 5 minutes. Turn burgers and cook an additional 5 - 6 minutes until done.
- Serve burgers hot with cherry salsa and optional additions, if desired.
- Lean turkey meat will be rather soft in texture but will cook up nice and moist with the addition of vegetables. Handle the burgers gently when placing in the skillet to avoid them breaking apart.
- You could cook a small “test” burger to check for seasoning before cooking the remainder of the burgers. Add in more salt, pepper or other seasonings as desired.