Saladmaster Food Processor
11" Large Skillet with Cover
Twice Baked Taters are as easy as they are yummy! Theses taters make a wonderful side dish for any meal or as hors d’oeuvres at a gathering with family and friends.
potatoes, washed and halved lengthwise
cheddar cheese, grated, use Cone #2
unsalted butter, shredded, use Cone #1
cooked bacon, chopped
- Wash potatoes and cut in half, lengthwise.
- Add half of the water to the skillet and then add the potatoes in the skillet with the skin side down and cover.
- Set heat to medium and cook for 40 minutes. Cooking times may vary based on the stove. Check the potatoes after 30 minutes and cook until done.
- Remove potatoes from the skillet and set aside to cool.
- Scoop out the the potato, leaving the shell intact.
- In a bowl, add the potato, bacon, black pepper, garlic powder, green onions, cheddar cheese, butter and buttermilk. Mix well.
- Fill each potato skin with the potato filling.
- Add the remaining water to the skillet and place the filled potato skins into the skillet and cover.
- Cook on medium for an additional 15 minutes.