This Sweet Potato Mac & Cheese is both creamy and rich but without all of the fat, sodium and calories that traditional Mac & Cheese usually brings to the table. Sweet potato and nutritional yeast are the key ingredients and are packed full of fiber, vitamins, minerals and natural flavor making this vegan Mac & Cheese nutritious and sinfully delicious! Wow your friends and family at your next holiday gathering with this fast, easy, and delicious dish, or serve alongside your favorite weeknight meal. This vegan classic is sure to become a family favorite!
- Bring water to a rolling boil in the roaster and season with salt. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Cover and set aside to keep warm.
- While macaroni is cooking, process sweet potato and onion using #3 cone, cover and cook on medium heat in a 3 Qt. roaster. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, turn heat to low and cook until sweet potatoes are soft. Approximately 15 minutes.
- For the sauce, combine the sweet potato and onion. Cover and blend or process until smooth, adding enough of the milk to reach a creamy consistency. Add nutritional yeast, garlic, nutmeg, and rosemary. Cover and blend or process until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Once sauce is a creamy consistency, pour over the cooked macaroni noodles and gently toss until all noodles are covered in sauce.
- If a cheesier flavor is desired, add more nutritional yeast until desired flavor is reached! Serve warm.