Whether you're a committed vegan, or a meat-loving foodie this new twist on a traditional Mexican favorite will leave your mouth watering for more. (And, without expanding your waistline!) This delicious soup is not only hearty and delicious but is made completely out of plant-based ingredients! Not to mention, only a whopping 169 calories per serving. To make this soup even more nutritious and filling, feel free to add in your favorite vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, asparagus, tomatoes, squash, etc.
Like what you see? Let us cook for you! Find a Dealer
- In the roaster, combine the hominy, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, oregano, cumin, diced chiles, chili powders, and vegetable broth.
- Set burner to medium heat. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, turn heat down to low and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes or until the hominy has softened and the soup has thickened.
- Add salt and pepper taste.
- Serve hot, garnish with cabbage, radishes, onion, jalapeno, avocado and cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge on the side.
- To make this soup even more nutritious and filling, feel free to add in your favorite vegetables. For example, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, asparagus, tomatoes or squash.