Saladmaster Food Processor
4 Qt./3.8 L Roaster with Cover
5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
Weeknight cooking doesn't get any easier than this savory vegetable curry with brown rice. Add all of your ingredients into your 4 Qt. and in less than 30 minutes you'll have a delicious lunch or dinner ready to enjoy.
long grain brown rice
onion, processed, use Cone #3
garlic, minced, use Cone #1
1 - 2
ginger root, minced, use Cone #1
red bell pepper, diced, use Cone #2
red curry paste
2 - 3
tamari or soy sauce
potato, diced into 1⁄2 - 1 inch cubes
carrots, shredded, use Cone #2
2 - 3
fresh/frozen snap peas
- Add brown rice and water to MP5. On digital probe, press TEMP and then the down arrow twice to select RIC 2.
- Preheat roaster over medium heat until several drops of water sprinkled in pan skitter and dissipate, approximately 6 - 8 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger and peppers to roaster and sauté until onions start to become translucent.
- Add curry paste, coconut milk, water and tamari or soy sauce. Add coconut sugar, if using. Stir to combine.
- Add potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, peas and spinach. Place cover on roaster.
- When Vapo-Valve™ clicks steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve curry over top brown rice.
- Substitute regular potato with red potatoes or sweet potato.
- Mix it up with your favorite vegetables, such as broccoli, parsnips, or zucchini.
- For a non-vegetarian curry, add chicken.