Saladmaster Food Processor
2.5 Qt. (1.49L) Culinary Basket
3 Qt./2.8 L Perforated Basket
Chef Sergio Corbia
medium carrots, sliced, use Cone #4
fennel bulbs, sliced, use cone #4
green beans, chopped
small red potatoes, sliced, use Cone #4
fresh basil, rough chopped
Parmesan, shredded, use Cone #1
garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
hot water, if necessary
Salt and pepper to taste
- Layer carrots, fennel beans and potatoes in culinary basket. Place water in sauce pan, culinary basket in pan, set heat to medium and cover. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks lower heat to low and cook for approximately 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place all pesto ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. add additional water, if necessary, to reach desired consistency. Set aside.
- When vegetables are cooked (when fork inserts easily, vegetables are cooked) move pan to sink, remove basket into sink and allow to drain.
- Place on serving platter and serve with pesto.
- Makes approximately 1 1/4 cups pesto. If there is remaining pesto, cover and refrigerate up to 1 week.