6 - 8 servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Cook up this satisfying one pan meal in 30 minutes with pantry ingredients and fresh vegetables. Spice it up if you like or serve it with hot sauce and other condiments.
onion, strung, use Cone #2
red or green bell pepper, minced
cloves garlic, peeled and shredded, use Cone #1
corn kernels, fresh or frozen
taco seasoning mix
tomato soup, low sodium
kidney or pinto beans, cooked and drained
pasta, fusilli or elbow macaroni
cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend, shredded, use Cone #2
chopped cilantro or scallions for garnish (optional)
- Preheat MP5, uncovered, at 375°F/190°C.
- Add onions, peppers and garlic to MP5 and sauté for 3 - 4 minutes until softened.
- Add corn and taco seasoning mix. Stir to combine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato soup, beans and pasta. Stir to combine.
- Place cover on MP5. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to 225°F/110°C and cook for 25 minutes until pasta is soft.
- Remove cover and sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Place cover back on MP5 and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve warm in bowls and garnish with chopped scallions or fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Add in extra vegetables, if desired: mushrooms, zucchini or a chopped jalapeño pepper for a little extra spicy flavor.
- For a non-vegetarian version, add lean ground beef or turkey and sauté with onions and garlic.
- Substitute taco seasoning mix for a blend of cumin, chili powder, paprika, natural salt and garlic powder.
- Cooking time may vary depending on type of pasta.