8 full servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
1 ½ Qt./1.4 L Sauce Pan with Cover
5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
small mixing bowl
Certified Chef and Culinary Nutritionist, Marni uses passion and experience to educate individuals on how to adopt a realistic, plant-based diet that is both simple and delicious.
These Vegetarian Nori Rolls take a fresh and healthy twist on what you would find at your average sushi restaurant!
short grain brown rice
avocado, skinned and sliced
long carrot, shredded, use Cone #1
cucumber, shredded, use Cone #1
4 - 6
grown rice vinegar
mirin (rice cooking wine)
- Place rice, water and salt in MP5. Press TEMP on the digital probe, then the down arrow key twice to select RIC2. Let rice cook until cycle is complete.
- In a small bowl, mix together maple syrup and tamari. Brush on vegetables.
- When rice is finished cooking, spread on cookie sheet with wooden spoon paddle and cool, or put in refrigerator.
- To make vinegar mixture, add vinegar, maple syrup, mirin and salt to sauce pan and turn temperature to medium heat. Simmer until salt is dissolved. Cool to room temperature and sprinkle on cooled rice.
- To assemble rolls, lay nori sheet flat on sushi mat. Press rice onto nori, leaving 2 inches of edge free of rice. Arrange vegetables along center of rice and roll pressing tight with mat.
- Peel mat away and place sushi log on cutting board and slice into 6 - 8 pieces evenly starting from the center.
- Using brown rice instead of white rice is a healthy and a fibre-rich way to make your own nori rolls. Along with this homemade vinegar, you know that your rice is naturally sweetened without using refined sugars.