4 servings, 1⁄2 wrap per serving
10" Chef's Gourmet Skillet
11" Square Griddle
Professional athlete, firefighter
A plant-based diet is one of the best things you can do for your heart. And you don't have to sacrifice taste. This flavorful wrap has the perfect combination of delicious, easy, filling and it is heart-healthy.
onion, sliced, use Cone #4
red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
mushrooms, sliced, Use Cone #4
red bell pepper hummus (or 1 cup homemade)
black beans, cooked, rinsed and drained
poblano pepper, roasted and cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 450°F/232°C.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, about 4-5 minutes, place onion into skillet and sauté until translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add bell pepper and continue to sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms and corn and continue to sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread a layer of hummus on the 2 tortillas.
- Place sautéed vegetables, beans, poblano strips and spinach onto tortillas, dividing evenly. Roll into a burrito.
- Place rolled burrito on griddle, seam-side down. Remove the griddle handle and bake for 8-10 minutes, until warm.
- Slice wraps in half and serve warm. Top with guacamole and salsa if desired.
- Substitute green chilies for poblano pepper.
- Guacamole and salsa are a wonderful accompaniment for these wraps.