Saladmaster Food Processor
10" Electric Oil Core Skillet
Saladmaster® Oil Core Skillet Healthy Cooking Guide
small onion, processed, use Cone #3
garlic cloves, shredded, use Cone #1
brown basmati rice
vegetarian (vegan) ground round or crumbles
onion soup mix
simulated (meatless) bacon bits
fresh parsely, chopped, optional
sour cream, dairy-free, optional
- Preheat electric skillet to 325°F/165°C.
- Add onions, garlic and caraway seeds. Sauté 3 - 4 minutes or until onions become transparent.
- Add rice, bay leaf, vegetarian ground round, fresh dill, thyme, onion soup mix and bacon bits. Mix well as you continue to sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add tomato soup and water, bring to a simmer.
- Add coleslaw mix and continue to fold through, making sure the rice is well distributed. Cover and cook.
- When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce temperature to 175°F/80°C. Cook 30 - 35 mintues or until rice is tender yet slightly under cooked.
- Serve in individual casserole dishes and garnish each serving with fresh parsley and 1 tablespoon of dairy-free sour cream, if desired.
- Try adding unsalted peanuts, sunflower seeds and water chestnuts.
- For serving, wrap mixture in lettuce leaves to create lettuce wraps.