3 Qt. Ultimate Culinaire with Cover (Limited Edition)
Saladmaster Food Processor
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Chicken plasas is a traditional tomato based stew with peanut butter and spinach. Cayenne pepper and garlic add aromatic flavors to this dish. Serve with steamed rice.
chicken breast, cut into cubes
salt and fresh ground pepper (optional)
onion, medium, strung, use Cone #2
garlic cloves, shredded, use Cone #1
water or chicken stock
natural peanut butter, smooth
spinach, fresh, chopped
- Preheat Ultimate Culinaire over medium heat until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates, about 7-9 minutes.
- Season chicken pieces on all sides with salt and fresh ground pepper. (optional)
- Brown ½ of chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side in preheated Ultimate Culinaire. Remove chicken from pan and place in a clean dish. Repeat with remaining pieces of chicken.
- Sauté onion and garlic for 5-6 minutes. Add tomato paste, diced tomato, water and peanut butter and cayenne pepper stirring to dissolve peanut butter.
- Add chicken pieces, stir and cover. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, turn heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Add chopped spinach, stir, place cover back on pan and cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve as is or with steamed rice or roasted sweet potato.
- Substitute fresh spinach for frozen chopped spinach that has been thawed and drained.
- Substitute chicken breast for bone in chicken pieces or cubed beef.
- Add in diced sweet potato.