Saladmaster Food Processor
5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
"Chef" Pete Updike
Authorized Saladmaster Dealer
This White Bean Chili is adapted from a recipe that was published in the Montgomery County Courier in January 2015. In using Saladmaster, this chili can now be cooked in 1 hour as opposed to the 8 hours it would normally take. The flavor is so fabulous, you're sure to win the next chili cook-off!
2 - 3
chicken breast fillets
chicken broth, reduced-fat and low-sodium
diced tomatoes with juice
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
sweet onion, strung, use Cone #2
cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
crushed red pepper flakes
kosher or sea salt, to taste
Greek yogurt, for garnish
- Lay chicken in bottom of cold MP5 and cover. Set temperature to 250°F/120°C. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks steadily, turn chicken and cover again. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, use kitchen shears to cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir to combine.
- Add garlic, onions, beans and remaining spices. Stir to combine and cover.
- Set temperature to 300°F/150°C. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks steadily, reduce temperature to 225°F/110°C and cook for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 190°F/90°C until ready to serve. Garnish each serving of chili with small dollop of yogurt, if desired.
- If you prefer a milder tasting chili, reduce spicy seasoning by one-third or half.