Are you following a low-carb diet and miss having spaghetti? The Saladmaster Food Processor can help you make zucchini noodles to satisfy your spaghetti craving in just minutes! Use your Culinary or Perforated Basket in the 3 Qt. Sauce Pan to steam your ground beef and allow the grease to collect at the bottom of the pan without touching the meat! Add your favorite sauce and in 25 minutes you'll have a healthy and savory alternative to Spaghetti alla Bolognese.
- Add 1⁄2 cup of water to the 3 Qt. Sauce Pan and turn on heat to medium.
- Add the Culinary or Perforated Basket to your Sauce Pan and add the ground beef. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily turn heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, or until the ground beef has browned.
- While the ground beef is cooking, remove the guard from the Saladmaster Food Processor. Cut the zucchini in half and place it lengthwise on the #2 Cone to create the zucchini noodles. (Please refer to the video above for a demonstration on how to create the noodles using the Saladmaster Food Processor.)
- Add the zucchini noodles, ground beef, pasta sauce and cherry tomatoes to the Electric Skillet and set to 355°F/ 180°C. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, turn temperature down to 180°F/80°C and cook for 5 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil leaves and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Top with parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Use ground chicken or turkey as an alternative to ground beef.
- Use a yellow squash or butternut squash as an alternative to zucchini.
- Omit ground beef and parmesan cheese for a vegan alternative. Substitute with mushrooms or vegan "beef" crumbles.